Thursday, June 30, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for Thursday 30 June 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Bible Verses: 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except such is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."

Matthew 6:25,26  "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about this life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor your body what you will put on.  Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barn; yet your Heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not more value than they?"

Being a new Christian, I have found myself stumbling lately with problems in my life because I had forgotten to ask God for help.  I had forgotten that there is no problem to great, to small or in between that God cannot help me with..  I have forgotten that I needed to taken every burden to God no matter how small and insufficient it might seem to me.

I think that as Christians we seem to think that God is to busy with someone to have time to worry about my problems and that is when we need to remember that God is everywhere at the same time and he listens to all our prayers and concerns and He is so eager to help if we but come to Him as out Abba Father and ask.   Matthew 7:7,8 says, "Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

I had gotten away from my Sunday morning worship with my Christian Brothers and Sisters.  Matthew 6:24 says, "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to one and despise the other.  You cannot serve God and mammon(money).  I had fallen into that trap of making money to care of my financial problems instead of worshiping God on Sunday mornings with other believers and living by faith that God would take care of and provide for me that things that I needed as a daughter to the King.

I had a long conversation with Joy from my Church and she reminded me that I needed to get my priorities straight with God and that I needed to be in church with believers to fellowship in song and praise and to realize that as a child of the King He will be with me to help me in all situations all I needed was to put my faith and trust in Him.  My sister Robin reminded me that, "God is in Time, On Tome, Every time."

My grandmother who is 88 and a woman of God took me to breakfast this morning and as we talked about this, she said, "Close your hand into a fist. Can anything get in or out with your fist closed?"  I replied, "no".   Then she told me to open my hand, and said, "Can things get in and out now with your hand opened?"  I replied, "yes", and she said, "The same is with the Holy Spirit, if you close your heart then He can't get in or out, but if you open your heart, then He will come in and indwell within you, and provide you with His power, and strength, and help you remain strong in the faith."  All I could say was "wow".  What a statement of faith from this godly woman and places her complete faith in God.

We as Christians sometimes worry about the things of our lives that takes us away from giving to God all our problems no matter what size they are and letting Him handle it and take care of it.  Please pray for me and all those who are going through family issues, financial issues, health issues and any other issue that is in there lives that might interfer with there relationship with God.  "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

May we as Christians do as Jesus said in Matthew 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father in heaven."

Abba Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit,  Help us in each moment of our lives, to keep our hearts, minds and our eyes focused on You and the Cross of Calvary.  May we fight the good fight of faith and bring our petitions and request to You, and that as You listen to our prayers, that You answer them in accordance to Your Will.
                                                                                                   Amen

Today's Bible Verse: "Christ has done everything necessary for us to endure in our faith"

Click on the link at www.cindidavis.blogspot.com for Today's Scripture Reading from Psalm 78 and is Titled: "Lessons from History".

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

    

        

No comments:

Post a Comment