Saturday, June 25, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for Saturday 25 June 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Bible Verses: Exodus 3:13,14 "Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?"  And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM."  And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel , 'I AM has sent me to you."

There are three primary names of God: (1) Elohim (God), (2) Jehovah or Yahweh and (3) Adonai (Lord).  Each of these names points out a different aspect of the nature of God.  The name Elohim occurs 31 times in Genesis 1, where is stresses His strength and creative power.  The name Yahweh is most often used to express God's self existence, particularly in relation to humanity.  Adonai means "master" and emphasizes the authority of God.

The one who spoke to Moses in these verses declared Himself to be the eternal One.  Only the Creator of all things can call Himself the I AM.  All other creatures are in debt to him for their existence.  Also here in this passage God declares His relationship with the people of Israel.  

Even today, because God reveals Himself in His names, Christians should understand them to better serve Him.

Today's Hymn: "This Is The Day That The Lord Has Made"

This is the day that the Lord has made;
He calls the hours His own;
Let heaven rejoice, let earth be glad
And praise surround the throne

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit  how great it is to be a child of the Great "I AM".  Help us and teach us Holy Spirit the names of our Almighty God and that we as did the people of Israel might come to know and understand them as God reveals Himself to us.
                                                                                                                                Amen

Toady's Biblical Truth: "I AM THAT I AM reveals God as the Being who is absolutely self existent, and who, in Himself, possesses essential life and permanent existence"

Click on the link at www.cindidavis.blogsport.com for Today's Scripture Reading from Psalm 75 which is Titled: "Celebrating God's Victory". 

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment