Tuesday, June 28, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for Tuesday 29 June 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Bible Verse: Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

"Word" means the utterance of the Lord God.  That God speaks at all His people indicates His wonderful grace.  God's speech to us is something that the psalmist marvels at, for God has not spoken this way to any other nation.  God's word is a light that is to be used as a guide for living.

The flickering light cast by the olive lamp of the Bible times was only bright enough to show a traveler his or her next step.  Scripture to us is such a lamp.  God's Word gives us just enough light to see where we place our feet so that we can walk safely into our future.  We as believers do not need a searchlight that casts light on coming weeks and years.  All that is in our Almighty God's hands.  We only need enough light to make sure the next step we take is just and right.

Today's Hymn: "Thy Word Is A Lamp Unto My Feet"(verse 1)

When I feel afraid, think I've lost my way, still You're there, right beside me  
Nothing will I fear, As long as You are near
Please, be with me to the end
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, How grateful we are that we indeed have Your word which is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our feet.  May we read Your Holy Word and hid it's words in our hearts that we might not sin against Thee, and that we might use it in our daily battle against the forces of this world, and in bringing others to the truth and the light.
                                                                                                                                       Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The stability of the universe mirrors God's faithfulness, love, and care"

Click on the link at http://www.cindidavis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Scripture Reading from Psalm 77 which is Titled: "Meditating When Distressed".

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment