Monday, April 25, 2011

God's Word's of Wisdom from the Bible for Monday 25 April 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Bible Verse:  John 20: 28,29  "And Thomas answered and said to Him, My Lord and my God!"  Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed.  Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Thomas in awestruck wonder when he first sees Jesus after His resurrection proclaims, "My Lord and My God".  Thomas now not only believed that Christ was risen from the dead, but he also saw that the Resurrection proved His deity.

The story of Thomas serves as a climax to the theme of John's Gospel. Thomas struggled with unbelief and doubt and insisted on the most unmistakable proofs.  His phrase in verse 25 "I will not believe it, rightly shifts the issue of belief and unbelief from the intellect to the will.  Yet when confronted by Jesus he recognized Him, fell on his knees and believed.

All we can do is present Jesus to others as clearly as possible.  When they recognize Him they will either choose to believe, or choose not to.

Today's Hymn: "At the Cross"

Alas! and did my Savior bleed, and did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head, for sinners such as I
At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light
And the burden of my heart rolled away
It was there by faith I received my sight
And now I am happy all the day

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit  Through faith , we have placed our trust, and everything that is us, in you.  As we live our lives for you, may we present you Lord Jesus, as clearly as possible to those around us, so that they will want we have which is You.
                                                                                                                                        Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "Jesus is the Son of God and anyone who believes this, can obtain eternal life".

Click on the link at http://www.cindidavis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Scripture which is from Psalm 24:1-10 and is Titled: "The Triumph of the King".

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ, 
Cindi 

No comments:

Post a Comment