Tuesday, April 12, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for Tuesday 12 April 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 6:6,7  "Now godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain that we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content."

Godliness in this verse 6 suggest a reverent faith which expresses its awe of God in glad obedience to Him.

While we will leave everything material behind us,  we take along a far greater treasure.  We take a personality that has begun to experience God's transforming work, a mind mote attuned to heaven, a heart that beats closer to God own, a will that has made a choice that Glorifies God. 

What we take with us as we leave this world is a treasure house.  What we leave behind is nothing.

Today's Hymn: "Create In Me"

Create in me a clean heart, Oh God, that I might serve You;
Create in me a clean heart, Oh God, that I might be renewed
So fill me and heal me, and bring me back to You.
Create in me a clean heart, Oh God, that I might serve You

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, and Holy Spirit, Create within me a loving and caring heart that I might be open to those around me and reach out to them in Your Name.  Create within me a heart that is open to you as I serve You.  Help me to lay up my treasures not here upon this earth but lay them up in Heaven.
                                                                                                        Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "Men  and Women of God should pursue godliness, not materialism, with all their living"

Click on the link at http://www.cindidavis.blogspot.com/  for Today's Bible Scripture from Psalm 14:1-7 which is Titled: "The Corrupt Fool"

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life that yells out, "I CAN'T",  God whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ,
Cindi      

No comments:

Post a Comment