Tuesday, April 19, 2011

God's Words of wisdom from the Bible for Tuesday 19 April 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

"Events of Holy Week"

Tuesday Day 3

Event: The Sanhedrin challenges Jesus' authority
Biblical Reference: Luke 20:1-8 "A person who truly exercises authority granted by God will not fear mere human beings, nor avoid taking a stand on controversial issues.  The religious leaders claimed to have authority, but their actions showed the hollowness of that claim.  What a difference between the hesitance of the "leaders" and the bold affirmations of our Lord.

Event: Jesus foretells the destruction of Jerusalem and His return
Biblical Reference: Matthew 24;25   In these two Chapters in the Gospel of Matthew Jesus talks about: (1) Jesus Predicts the Destruction of the Temple (2) The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age (3) The Great Tribulation (4) The Coming of the Son of Man (5) The parable of the Fig Tree (6) No One Knows the Day or Hour of His Return (7) The Faithful Servant and the Evil Servant. (8) The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins (9) The Parable of the Talents (10) The Son of Man Will Judge the Nations.

Today's Hymn: "You Are My Dwelling Place"

You are my dwelling place, My tower of strength and Your throne of grace I humbly bow
My affections I pour out, My eyes release their tears as I behold the beauty of You, Lord.
How I long to see your face, Yes, I long to see Your face
You are my dwelling place, with You my heart will stay.

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, and Holy Spirit  How we are thankful that You reign and that you are the Almighty God.  Because of Your death upon the cross of Calvary, and because of that Easter Sunday so many years ago when you arose from the dead, we as Christians are able to stand in the power of Jesus and are guided by the Holy Spirit.
                                                                                                          Amen

Click on on the link at http://www.cindidavis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Scripture reading from Psalm 19:1-14 and is Titled: "Awe At God's Revelation".

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",   God whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours In Christ,
Cindi  

           


No comments:

Post a Comment