Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Daily Bible Verse for Wednesday 30 March 2011

"Greeting Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Bible Verse: Ruth 1:16,17 "But Ruth said: "Entreat me to not leave you, or to turn back from following you; for wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God.  Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried.  The Lord do so to me, and more also, if anything but death parts you and me."

"Wow"  What a beautiful and emotionally charged response.  Ruth in these two verse, describes her determination to remain with Naomi.  Her response not only shows loyalty to a friend, but clear insight in God.

Her statement of faith in the Lord God of Israel, is an oath of her commitment to the Living God.  She was choosing to cling not only to Naomi, her land and her people, but also to her God. 

Ruth became a godly woman who was willing to forsake all that she had ever known, to follow the one true God.  Thus by identifying herself with the covenant people, Ruth qualified herself to claim Israel's God as her own.  What a statement of faith, and what a Wonderful and Loving God that we still serve even today.

Today's Hymn: "Come to my Rescue"

Falling on my knees in worship, giving all I am to seek Your face
Lord all I am is Yours, My whole life I place in Your hands
God of mercy, humbled I bow down, in Your presence at Your throne
I called, You answered, and You came to my Rescue
I want to be where You are, in my life, be lifted high
In our world be lifted high, in Your love be lifted high

Heavenly Father, Thank you for this story of Ruth that you have given us in this Your Holy Word.  What a beautiful story of love, loyalty and redemption.  Help us in our service to you, to be as loyal, and faithful to You as Ruth was.
                                                                                           Amen

Truth for the Day: "God is the Creator, not the Creation"

Click on the link  www.cindidavis.blogspot.com to read Today's Bible Scripture from Psalm 1:1-6 which is Titled: "The Way of the Righteous"

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual defeat in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God whispers to you, BUT I CAN". 

Yours in Christ,
Cindi
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment