Sunday, May 1, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for 1 May 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Bible Verse: John 3:3  "Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you8, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

The new birth or regeneration, is the act by which God imparts spiritual life to one who trusts Christ.  Without this spiritual birth, a person cannot perceive spiritual things, nor can he or she enter into the Kingdom of God.

It is interesting to note that the words "Verily, verily" only appear in the Gospel of John and then always for emphasis.  This concept of the New Birth includes these implications: (1) It undercuts the Jewish dependence on being sons of Abraham (2) It reveals that there must be a work of God "from above" ((3) It teaches the necessity of a new beginning.

Today's Hymn: "Shepherd Of My Soul"

Shepherd of my soul, I give You full control
Wherever You may lead I will follow
I have made the choice to listen for Your voice
Whenever You may lead I will go
Be it in a quite pasture or by a gentle stream
The Shepherd of my soul is by my side
Should I face a mighty mountain or a valley dark and deep
The Shepherd of my soul will be my guide.

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit  Thank You for being our Shepherd and guiding us to the safety of Your loving arms.  May we listen for Your voice and may we say like Isaiah say. "Here I am Lord.  Send me".  (Isaiah 6:8)
                                                                                                  Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The life that Jesus gives to the believer is eternal"

Click on the link at http://www.cindidavis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Scripture Reading from Psalm 30:1-11 and is Titled: "A Psalm of Dedication".

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you,  "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ,
Cindi   

No comments:

Post a Comment