Tuesday, September 27, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for Tuesday 27 September 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus for 27 September 2011"

Today's Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 6:17,18 "Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord.  Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."  "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD almighty."

A Christian should live a holy life that reflects the nature of God, who saves him (1 Peter 1:16).  He should separate himself from actions, influences, or people that will contaminate him.  A Christian should apply the Biblical principles of separation and avoid what is: (1) against a Biblical standard of purity (1 Corinthians 6:17-20; 2 Corinthians 10:4,5) (2) against a Biblical prohibition (Exodus 20:3-17) (3) an association that will harm (2 Corinthians 14-18) (4) harmful to the body (1 Corinthians 6:19) (5) harmful to a weaker brother (1 Corinthians 8:8-13) (6) offensive to the conscience (James 4:17) or (7) failure to follow the examples of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57).

We see here that the Corinthian Church was an immature congregation, with problems in many areas, but victory then, as it is today was and is available through Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57).  Correct relationship to the Holy Spirit will make a believer "holy" and "spiritual".  We as Christians are to maintain integrity in the world just as Christ did.  Since the Holy Spirit now lives with the hearts of Christians we are to keep our bodies pure and clean because that is the dwelling place of God.

Today's Hymn: "Twas A Glad Day When Jesus Found Me"

I was lost in sin when Jesus found me, But He rescued me, glory to His Name!
And the cords of worldly pleasure bound me, Till He saved me from sin and shame
"Twas a glad day when Jesus found me, when His strong arms were thrown around me;
When my sins He buried in the deepest sea, and my soul He filled with joy and victory
"Twas a glad day, O hallelujah! 'Twas a glad day when He claimed His own
I will shout a glad hosanna in glory, when I see Him upon His throne

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how wonderful it is to have a loving Heavenly Father who listens to us and who is ready to help us and deliver us from our trials and storms of life.  May we as your representatives and ambassadors go out and spread the Good News to those around us to be reconciled to God and to listen to the forgiving voice of their Creator.  Thank You Jesus for taking our sins and casting them into the depth of the sea and when we stand before You and the Book of Life is opened it will say by our names, "Washed By the Blood of the Lamb.
                                                                                                                                    Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "Jesus never did anything wrong.  Yet he died for our sins, so that we could be declared righteous, that is to say justified."

Click on the link at www.cindidavis.blogspot.com for Today's Scripture Reading from Romans 8 which is Titled: "Resurrection Life Is Ours".

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day. Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God more Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T", God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation." Psalm 62:1

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi




        

No comments:

Post a Comment