Saturday, September 17, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for Saturday 17 September 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 17 September 2011"

Today's Bible Verse: 1 John 4:18,19 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment.  But He who fears has not been made perfect in love.  We love Him because He first loved us."

A mature understanding of God's love removes any fear of God's Judgment as believers in Christ.  Abject fear of god is based on dread of punishment.  But God's love for us renders such dread obsolete.  Fear is still part of the Christian walk in the sense of profound reverence, the unwillingness to violate God's trust in us.  Believers need not fear eternal rejection as a result of God's judgment, but this does not mean that a Christians approach to God is to be casual and flippant.

Love and fear are not compatible.  When we experience God's love for us out whole attitude toward God is transformed.  We still should stand in awe of Him, but that awe is without terror or fear of punishment.  The more we live in love, (living in love means expressing as well as receiving love), the more confident we become in our relationship with the Lord.

Today's Hymn: "Amazed"

You dance over me while I am unaware, You sing all around
But I never hear the sound, Lord, I am amazed by You
Lord, I am amazed by You, and how You love me
You paint the morning sky with miracles and lines
My hope will always stand, You hold me in Your hand
Lord, I am amazed by You, and how You love me
How wide, how deep, How great is Your love for me
Lord I am amazed by You, How you love me
Oh Lord, I am amazed by you, Lord I am amazed by You
And how much You love me

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, what a Gracious, Loving, Merciful and Wonderful God that we as believers serve.  We are truly amazed Father that Your love for us was present even before the foundation of this universe that You have Created.  May we in our everyday walk with Thee praise You and Glorify You the King of kings and Lord of lords.  May we worship You with our praise, or words and our actions so that we might be that beacon of light that will draw the unbeliever to us so that we can share with them the Good News of the Free Gift of Salvation that comes by believing and trusting in Jesus Christ as there Lord and Savior.
                                                                                                                                 Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "If God, the supreme Judge, justifies, the who is going to successfully bring a charge against us."

Click on the Link at www.cindidavis.blogspot.com for Today's Scripture Reading from Psalm 150 which is Titled: "Praise in God's House".

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi
                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment