Tuesday, August 23, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for Monday 22 August 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 23 August 2011"

Today's Bible Verse: Exodus 3:13,14 "Then Moses said to God. "Indeed when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you," and they say to me, "What is His name?, what shall I say to them?"  And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM."  And He said, "Thus shall you say to the children of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you."

There are three primary names of God: (1) Elohim (God) (2) Jehovah or Yahweh and (3) Adonai (Lord).  Each of these names points out a different aspect of God's nature.  The name Elohim occurs 31 times in Genesis 1, where is expresses His strength and creative power.  The name Yahweh is often used to express God's self existence, particularly in relation to humanity.  Adonai means "master" and emphasizes the authority of God"

The One who spoke to Moses in these verses declared Himself to be the Eternal One.  Only the creator of all things can call Himself he "I AM".  All other creatures are in debt to Him for there existence.  Also here in this passage God declares His relationship with the people of Israel.  Even today, because God reveals Himself in His Names, Christians should understand them to better serve Him.

Today's Hymn: "Since Jesus Came Into My Heart"

What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought, Since Jesus came into my heart
I have light in my soul for which long I have sought, Since Jesus came into my heart
Since Jesus came into my heart, Since Jesus came into my heart
Floods of joy o'er my soul, Like sea billows roll
Since Jesus came into my heart

Abba Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how great it is to be sons and daughters of the great "I AM".  Help us and teach us Holy Spirit the names of our Almighty God so that we, as did the people of Israel, come to know and understand them as God reveals Himself to us.  How thankful we are of the wonderful change that indeed came into our life's since we took Jesus into our lives.
                                                                                                                     Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "Prayer is a heartfelt cry to God that binds our love relationship with Him."

Click on the link at www.cindidavis.blogspot.com for Today's Scripture Reading for Psalm 126 which is Titled: "A Joyful Return to Zion"  (Day 7 in the "Song of Ascent" or "Pilgrim Songs").   

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will be withheld from those who walk uprightly".

Your Sister in Christ
Cindi 

No comments:

Post a Comment