Wednesday, August 24, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for Tuesday 23 August 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 23 August 2011"

Today's Bible Verse: Ruth 1:16,17 "But Ruth said: "Entreat me not leave you, or turn back from following you; For wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people still be my people, and your God my God.  Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried.  The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me."

"Wow"  What a beautiful, emotionally charged response.  Ruth in these two verses, describes her determination to remain with Naomi.  Her response not only shows loyalty to a friend, but clear insight in God.

Her statement of faith in the Lord God of Israel, is an oath of commitment to the Living God.  She was choosing to cling not only to Naomi, her land and her people, but also to her God.

Ruth became a godly woman who was willing to forsake all that she had ever known, to follow the One True God.  Thus my identifying herself with the covenant people, Ruth qualified herself to claim Israel's God as her own.  What a wonderful and Loving God we serve even today.

Today's Hymn: "Precious Lord Take My Hand"

Precious Lord, take my hand, Lead me on let me stand
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn; Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light
Take my hand, precious Lord, Led me home

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, thank you for this story about Ruth that you have given us in Your Holy Word.  What a beautiful story of love, loyalty and redemption.  Help us Father in our service for You to be loyal and faithful to You just as Ruth was in our Scripture Reading today.
                                                                                                            Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "God is the Creator, not the creation"

Click on the link at www.cindidavis.blogspot.com for Today's Scripture Reading from Psalm 127 which is Titled: "Laboring and Prospering with the Lord" (Day 8 of the "Song of Ascent" or Pilgrim Songs").

"But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." (1 John 1:7)

Your Sister In Christ,
Cindi  
                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment