Thursday, December 22, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for Friday 22 December 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 22 December 2011"

Today's Bible Verse: Acts 1:9-11 "Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Hi out of their sight.  And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white appeal, and also said, "Men of Galilee, why do stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into in heaven."

While they beheld suggests several things that are not apparent.  Unlike the appearances and disappearances of the former 40 days in which Jesus appeared and vanished, this was a gradual and visible departure.  This was different and final.  He would no longer appear to them.  His next appearance on earth will be at the Second Coming when He visibly and bodily sets His feet on Mount Olivet.

A witness is a person who "gives evidence," basing his or her testimony concerning actual events on direct personal knowledge.  The apostles gave this kind of evidence concerning the life of Christ and His resurrection.  You and I can give this kind of evidence concerning God's work in our lives.  

Jesus promised that He would never leave nor forsake us, but would be with always, even to the end of the world.  He fulfilled this promise in the form of the Holy Spirit, who dwells within each Believer.  "Taken up", "cloud received Him", He went up", these three statements portrayed the gradual majestic departure of Jesus from the earth.  The Second Coming of Christ and the establistment of His kingdom, will occur the same way Jesus ascended: physical, visibly, in the clouds, and at WHOLE WORLD will see Him

After His resurrection, Christ ascended physically to heaven to resume His glory and enthronement.  He also began His high priestly ministry in heaven for believers which continues until this day.  It is doubtful that the disciples who watched His physical ascension completely understood all that it signified at first.  When we as Christians understand the ascension of Christ, he or she looks forward to His imminent return and appropriates His present ministry as well.

Today's Christmas Hymn: "The Little Drummer Boy"

Come they told me, a new born king to see.  Our finest gifts bring, to lay before the king, so to honor Him when we come
Pa rum pum pum
Little baby, I am a poor boy too.  I have no gift to bring, that's fit to give our King. Shall I play for you, on my drum?
Pa rum pum pum
Mary nodded, the ox and lamb kept time. I played my drum for Him, I played my best for Him, then He smiled at me and my drum
Pa rum pum pum pum
Rum pum pum pum
Rum pum pum pum

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit how comforting it is to know that we as Believers serve a risen Savior.  How we look forward to the promise of our Lord and Savior in He told us us that He would be with us to the end of the world.  How we look forward to His Second Coming where we will spend all eternity with Him.  May be as Christians bear fruit for You Abba Father in proclaiming the Good News of the free gift of salvation that comes through a Faith and Trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
                                                                                                                        Amen
Click on the link at www.cindidavis.blogspot.com for Today's Scripture Reading from Part 2 of John 18 Titled: "Standing Before Pilate."

Today's Biblical Truth: "Christian belief is not built on speculation or myth but on the sovereign acts and words of God."

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today.  Pray for our Brothers and Sisters in Christ who are being persecuted for their Faith and Trust in Jesus Christ.  Pray also for God's Blessings on the Nation of Israel.  Always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T", GOD Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN."

"Do not hide Your face from me in the day of my trouble; Incline Your ear to me; In the day that I call, answer me speedily." Psalm 102:2

I would love to hear from you who are reading this Blog.  You can comment at the end of the Blog or you can email me at cindilynn53@yahoo.com.  Also if you would like me to include your favorite hymn in "Today's Hymn", please let me know.  Include you first name and where you are from so I can acknowledge you as requesting this hymn on the Blog.   

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi  





No comments:

Post a Comment