Wednesday, October 5, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible for Wednesday 5 October 2011

"Greeting in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 5 October 2011"

Today's Bible Verse: Psalm 13:5,6 "But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me."

Psalm 13 is a psalm of lament, an impassioned cry to the Lord for help.  in verses 5 and 6 the tone of the psalm abruptly changes from DESPAIR to HOPE.  In these verses, David recalls his commitment to trust God completely.  The term mercy describes God's royal love, His faithfulness to His commitment to take care of His people.  Based on the assurance that God will deliver him, David resolves to tell people about it.  This then is the essence of PRAISE.
When many things seems to be going wrong in your life, trust in God.  When your life feels increasingly out of control go to God.  These are supernatural responses, and they can life you above your circumstances.  If you do what comes naturally in the face of difficulties, you may fall prey to negativism.  Even a few complaints can set you on a path that is a downward spiral, by darkening your perspective and mind-set.

With this attitude controlling you, complaints flow more and more readily from your mouth.  Each on moves you steadily down the slippery road spiral.  The lower you go, the faster you slide; but it is still possible to apply the brakes.

Cry out to Almighty God! Affirm your faith and trust in Him regardless of how you feel.  Thank God for everything and gradually you will begin to ascend, recovering your lost ground.  When you are back on level ground, you can face your circumstances from a humble perspective.

Today's Hymn: "Fill My Cup Lord"

Like the woman at the well, I was seeking for things that could not satisfy
And then I heard my Savior speaking, "Draw from my well that never shall run dry."
Fill my cup, Lord; I lift it up Lord! Come and quench this thirsting of my soul
Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more, Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how wonderful it is to have a loving Heavenly Father who listens to us and who is ready to help us and to deliver us from the trials and storms of our lives.  May we as your representatives and ambassadors go out and spread the Good News to those around us to be reconciled to You and to listen to the loving and forgiving voice of their Creator.  Strengthen our faith on the assurance that You will deliver us and protect us.
                                                                                                                                                     Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "Base your faith on the fact that God hears when you call out to Him and He will deliver you."

Click on the link at www.cindidavis.blogspot.com for Today's Scripture Reading from Romans 14 which is Titled: "One Lord".

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day. Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T", God whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment