Monday, October 24, 2011

God's Words of Wisdom from the Bible fo Tuesday 25 October 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 25 October 2011"

Today's Bible Verses: 1 Corinthians 11:24,25 "And when He had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "take eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: do this in remembrance of me."  In the same manner, He took the cup  after supper saying, "This cup is the New Covenant in my blood .  This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."

The Lord's Supper is the distinctive symbol of Christian worship instituted by the Lord on the eve of His death, being a spiritual partaking of bread and of the fruits of the vine.  These elements are presented as a thankful expression of Christ's sacrifice, taken in fellowship with Him and with one another.  It is a memorial conducted in remembrance of Christ's atoning death, anticipating His return to earth.

The two symbols of this ordinance are the bread, representing the broken body of Christ, and the cup, representing His shed blood.  Christians are divided as to whether the table should be "opened" or "closed."  The chief argument supporting open communion is that it is the Lord's Supper, not a ceremony of a particular religious denomination.  Those who believe that the table should be restricted argue that the church should not allow a person to eat unworthily or bring judgment on his own head. 

The pastor before the start of the Lord's Supper reminds everyone of the need for self-evaluation  After this instruction, the pastor leaves the decision to participate up to the individual.  The Lord's Supper is a unique, holy occasion for the gathrered church to sense the participation of every member with Jesus in His death.  In the Lord's Supper we are present at the Cross and testify to it. As Christians should approach the Lords Supper with awe and proper self examination with his or her own spiritual  progress and attitudes before partaking of the Lord's Supper.   

Today's Hymn: "Thy Word Is a Lamp Unto My Feet"

When I feel afraid, Think I've lost my way, Still You're there right beside me
Nothing will I fear, as long as you are near, Please, be near me to the end
I will not forget, Your love for me and yet, my heart is forever wandering
Jesus be my guide, and hold me to your side, and I'll love You to the end
Nothing will I fear, As long as You are near me to the end
Please, be near me to the end
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path
And a light unto my path, You're the light unto my path

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit may we as Christians as we come unto Thy table to observance the Lords Supper do in in awe and in remembrance of you and what You did upon the Cross of Calvary where You shed Your precious blood to cleanse us from all our sins and all our unrighteousness.  May we hide Thy Word in our hearts and minds that we might sin against Thee.
                                                                                                                    Amen
Today's Biblical Truth: "Doing all to the glory of God involves encouraging fellow Christians and spreading the Good News about Christ"

Clink on the link at www.cindidavis.blogspot.com for Today's Scripture Reading from Hebrews 9 which is Titled: "Free at Last". 

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness. Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T", God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing.  But a woman who fears the Lord she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi


No comments:

Post a Comment