Monday, January 6, 2014

God's Words of Wisdom

"Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 4 January 2014, from Cindi, a daughter of the King of kings and Lord of lords."

Today's Bible Verse: Psalm 17:5-8 "Uphold my steps in Your paths, that my footsteps may not slip.  I have called upon You, for You will hear me O God; Incline Your ear to me and hear my speech.  Show Your marvelous loving kinkiness by Your right hand, O You who save those who trust You, from those to rise up against them.  Keep me the apple of your eye: Hide me under the shadow of Your wings."

In verse 5, the request is that the LORD hold us up, that we might not slip.  "Incline Your ear" is a pictorial view of God's MERCY.  God WILL incline His ear to HEAR our plea's.  "Loving Kindness," is a term for God's ROYAL LOVE and the word "marvelous," is used in the Bible ONLY with reference to God.

"The apple of Your eye," is a reference to the pupil and to sight.  It is an appeal for the Lord's PERSONAL ATTENTION.  It would be just as we have an instinctive response to protect our eyes, so our Heavenly Father cares INSTINCTIVELY for us to PROTECT us.

With the words, "shadow of Your wings," God is described as a "mother hen" in a positive way. Chicks who run for protection to the wings of their mother, find not only safety, but warmth and love as well.  In this same way, God PROTECTS us, gives us WARMTH, and His NEVER ENDING LOVE.

I will CAST my CARES upon You and I will lay ALL my BURDENS down at Your Feet
And ANYTIME that I don't know what to do, I will CAST my CARES upon You 
I will Cast my CARES upon You 

Click on this link at www.cindidavis.blogspot.com for a Blog Writing from Nahum which is Titled: "The Destruction of Nineveh."

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and serve the Lord our God with Gladness. Love God More Today.  ALWAYS remember, that when you have a spiritual, emotional, relational, physical, or financial dilemma in your life, and you yell out, "I CAN'T," Listen to the Sweet, Soft, and Tender Voice of God as He WHISPERS to you, "BUT I CAN."  

Jesus Reigns, and He Is, Has Been and ALWAYS Will Be in Complete and Total Control!!!  May God's Love, Peace, Strength, and Grace be with all of you.  Reach out to Heaven with one hand and with the other reach out to the lost and dying of this world. May we as John say, "Come, Lord Jesus, Come."

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi 


No comments:

Post a Comment